How do I get through to my husband? On the verge of leaving him..

i am tired of him running off every friday and saturday nights and when he gets really mad he leaves. i am to the point where i am almost done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to explain to him and not with yelling that it really bothers you when he leaves you home with the kids on the weekends or even when he is mad. You want to spend time with him and that when he is upset that you need to talk through it. I wish you luck. Otherwise if you threaten to leave to many times and don't follow through it really has no impact when you say it. If you threaten to leave then follow through.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What are you fighting about that makes him mad? Maybe you should start with fixing what you are fighting about
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i would tell him if he plans on going out to stay....tell him you will have the locks changed when he comes home
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i was in a relationship like that with my son's dad (he went out and stayed gone every weekend) i got tired of it and i left
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• if he is running off every weekend night, it sounds like he could be cheating and trying to find something to fight about -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree you guys need to sit down and have a talk about whats goingon. And in a calm voice explain to him that it hurts you and the kids when he does this, if he does have to leave when he gets mad i would suggest instead of really leaving have him just go into another room or go outside for a bit then come back. My DH used to do that too untill I put my foot down now he goes out side then comes back in a few and the nI just leave him alone until he calms down a bit. Hope that helps, hugs and good luck !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Communication is the key
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010