Starting to read again...need a few good recs!

So...I love to read, but haven't made time since I had kids. I miss it and would love to start again. I just have no idea what's out there right now except the Twilight series. Suggestions anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Wheel Of Time Series, i ahve read it at least 8 X and love it, it is by Robert Jordan and there are over ten large books in the series, two more will be coming out in the next two years and then the whole series will be done, they are AMAZING!!! I am actually on the third book again :)
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 1:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What kinds of books are you interested in? I can offer some ideas if you give me an idea of what you like.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 1:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I just read "Generoisity: An Enhancement" by Richard Powers. It's about happiness and the internet... in a quick nutshell. I recommend you go to www.npr.org though. They have great summer reading lists. That's where I'm picking my next book.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 1:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If you like twilight, you would also like the house of night series, blood bloods, vampire academy series, city if bones,glass,ash, thirst (book 1 and 2 by Christopher Pike), and the immortale series (beginning with ever more). The twilight series got me and a few of my friends back into reading, and these books are easy reads, but very entertaining.
    Enjoy!
    Allison7777

Answer by Allison7777 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Read the Sookie Stackhouse Series. It is a fun read!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The Percy Jackson novels are pretty good and quick easy reads! and there's always Harry Potter! :D I also LOVE the Wheel of Time series and if you're into books like that there is George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series although he still hasn't finished the last one and we've been waiting FOREVER :P Black Dagger Brotherhood are some really good vampire books and not dumb like Twilight (hehe jk, not trying to offend anyone ;-) What kind of books do u like to read?
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2010