How do I get my 2 yr old to sleep in his bed?

He wont stay in his own bed. He constantly gets out and comes in our room. He wont fall asleep without me or my husband.

Luvmyfamily23

Asked by Luvmyfamily23 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• like on super nanny... sit right outside his room and put him back in bed everytime he gets out. It might take a few weeks but be consistent and it should pay off in the end.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree. Tuck him in and then sit beside his door until he falls asleep. If he gets out the first time say "It's bed time, sweetie. Goodnight Mom and dad love you." Then go back to your place at the door. Then every time after that put him in bed in silence. It will take a night, two nights, maybe a week but he'll eventually get the idea. It is VERY important to be consistant, to follow through, and to never ever give in. The second you're inconsistant or give in is the second he learns how to manipulate you.

It'll be a tough patch right now while you're teaching him, but in the end it'll be better for you all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oh geezzz.. I have the exact same problem. My 2 year old litterly REFUSES to sleep in his bed. Lately I've been putting him on the couch in the livingroom, or wait till he is completly passed out and move him to his room. He's never been like this, until recent. But I have not found a good way to deal with this yet.
    freakxxshow27

Answer by freakxxshow27 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010