novocaine

hi girls. I think i might be pregnant but it's too early to test yet. I have a dentist appt in 30 min and I just thought of this. Would novocaine be harmful to the fetus? I have to get a filling. What do you think?

I had a m/c in April so I'm pretty paranoid right now. Please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

cschwanger

Asked by cschwanger at 1:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call the office and ask.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• They wouldn't give me any when I was pregnant at the dentist.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i would not do it i want to get my teeth fixed but i am not.. wait till you do a test pls.. oh how late are you? goodluck
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My dentist wouldnt do anything until I was 6 months pregnant...I would wait and make sure you arent pregnant first before you get it.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have worked in the Dental field for 20 years. Due to your last m/c it is always recommended that you consult with your OBGYN first. Normally, there is nothing that would harm the fetus. The epinephrine does speed up the heart beat but not enough to do any harm. Unless you have had adverse reactions to epinepherine in the past, this is also something to consult with your OBGYN first.
    tlt423

Answer by tlt423 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• OP here: so I went to the dentist. He gave me the option of a drug (i can't remember the name) that he said does not break through to the fetus. He also said I could do it without drugs. I opted for no drugs. I'd rather be completely safe than have that in the back of my mind!
    cschwanger

Comment by cschwanger (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010