How does email martketing work? how do i find a good mentor? new WAH mom stuck and

I just started "selling" mark in may and havent sold any at all i am just not good at face to face selling yet, i dont have the confidence of at least getting something sold so since i do have an E-store i figure I should take advantage but i am hopelessy lost in where to start .I have seen some sites for email marketing but I am not good with coming up with clever ads or what is in i would like to use some of these with the free trials, Do i have to have the email adressess do the have the list already and you just send in what you want your ad to say? i am looking for something that can help. I've have had some set backs that have made conventional forms of advertising just financially impossible i need some help in getting this off the ground. I am a single home schooling mom on very limited income to begin with who is just trying to make things a little better for my kids and maybe able to save some for the future .TY

whoamami

Asked by whoamami at 1:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, you do need an email list to do email marketing. Vistaprint and Constant Contact are easy to use. (About $10 or so a month) They both provide templets, all you do is type in what you want to say, add the email address you want it sent to and your done. Both manage all your emails.
    Look at each site to see which one you like better. I prefer Vistaprint.
    Have you considered doing something different since you haven't made any money since you started? Maybe a product that could be useful to anyone?
    Just for fun why not check out Juice Plus. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. I tried a few other businesses before I stumbled on to juice Plus and I too had never made a dime with anything else.
    www.mywellnessgirl.com
    www.juiceplusvirtualfranchise.com
    You just never know.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You can't cold e-mail, it's spam. You can only send e-mails like this to those that have given you permission to send them solicitations/ads and given you their address. You CAN however, have a siggy to any e-mail you send out that includes a link.

In all honesty selling just mark is hard. Mark is a small teen orientated division of Avon. If you had just joined Avon you could have sold from the Avon brochure as well as the mark brochure and all the others avon has.

Yes you can buy lists to send e-mails to, but many times you will get nasty replies back or even reported for sending spam.

It's best to try locally with handing brochures out to anyone you come in contact with, organizing events like makeovers or pampering parties, or trying to get into craft shows and vender events.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• im a mentor to my downline and i help all i can with marketing.There are so many places you can do and things you can do to help get the word out.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• There is a great book called The Accidental Salesperson by Chris Lytle. It will help you grow into a great sales person.

Next, you need to decide who your target audience is; and the best way to reach them.

Happy hunting!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Hi.. I'd love to help you. I actually mentor people (that is what I do online :0) )

I have used several and researched a lot more.. but I absolutely love two email marketing tools and use them both. GetResponse and iMediaMarketing.   

Feel free to sign up for my email newsletter and you can see how it works. http://www.successfullywah.com.  Read the Special Report. I think you'll find it very useful

Contact me anytime.  KimLerner1@gmail.com :)

imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 2:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2010