Lady Gaga... Madonna?

Anyone else think that Lady Gaga is a repeat of Madonna?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lady Gaga, but I think she is a lot like the old Madonna, you know from the 80's when she was out to prove herself by shocking people.

Do you think her art is just influenced by Madonna or that she is ripping her off?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is nothing new under the sky! I'm sure Madonna was a HUGE influence on Lady Gaga... But that doesn't mean that she's a rip off or a repeat, just that she's been influenced - as were many of us growing up loving Madonna & Cindy Lauper...

If anything she should be seen as honoring what was and loving what is...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I love Lady GaGa and Madonna. I really don't think Madonna and Lady GaGa are all that similar. I'm sure Lady GaGa was influenced by Madonna's music somehow, just like every other artist out there. I don't think she's ripping her off.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i love lady gaga and madonna.... both are cool
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• WATCH HER ALEJANDRO VIDEO at the end she has a clip of her with her hair clothes and the way shes dancing similar to madonna,I think she did it out of liking madonna,and I dont think either of them are alike the only relation they have is theyre both being claimed as "the queen of pop" the older generation believes madonna is and most of the newer generation supposedly thinks madonna is
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think Gaga is more influenced by Madonna in how she promotes and markets herself than in a musical way. I also think when you reach icon status like Madonna has it's not outrageous to say she's influenced MANY of today's musicians in various ways - musically, in a business sense, in how to be convtroversial...etc etc.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010