Do you feel like you need a man to complete your life?

If you said no and you are heterosexual(which means you do like men...LOL); WHY? Bad track record with men? TOO busy? Career? Just comfortable with the way your life is and don't want to mess it up?

Do you feel you are missing out on something? Do you feel silly not being paired up?

Do you think you will ever change your mind?

Do you still date or have casual flings or ...???

If you said yes; WHY? Just don't want to be alone? Firmly believe that is just how things are supposed to be? That's just the way you want it?

Do you think your feelings were pushed on you by society/friends/family?

Do you feel like it's wrong to NEED another human being just to feel complete?

Do you think you could make it on your own if your SO left you, di

craftin4fun

Asked by craftin4fun at 1:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont think i need a man to complete my life, but i now that im a mother - i do need a man to complete the family for my son.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My SO completes my life but I don't need him.

He simply makes my life better.

Would I miss him if he were gone, absolutely! But I would still survive knowing that I had a great love.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Honey, I love having a man in my life, but I am 100% complete and 100% secure without one. No one should NEED someone else (man or not) to feel as if their life is completed... If anything happens to my DH my life will go on as it always has. I'll be upset and hurt for a while, but just like every other hurtle in life I'll get over it and move on. I would miss him, as I miss past loves, but by no means would I allow myself to get stuck in a rut of depression just because he was gone. I would go right back to life and do what made me feel good, be that dating or not I certianly wouldn't allow the past to hinder the future!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Until you are whole and happy with yourself, adding another person into your life will go poorly.
    YOU are the cake, the other person is just the icing.
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 1:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes, I want a Man in my life. I worked full time for Many years and now, I want someone to take care of ME.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My answer is NO - and I'm straight. I'm currently married. I love my husband.
    But after being in this LONG relationship with him (together 8, married almost 5), I've decided that if we get divorced, I will not be in a long-term relationship again. I love my husband though - so surely we won't get divorced.
    I came to this conclusion one day after a huge fight we had. I'm literally tired of fighting and having to talk to another person before I make decisions. I've been with my husband since I was 16 - almost 17. I'm 25 now. If we ever divorce, I'm just going to chill by myself.

I want ME to complete me.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't need a man in my life and yup, I'm straight, and engaged. I've lived on my own and don't need anyone to take care of me. I just wanted to be in a good relationship with a good man and then start a family. Livin' the dream:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't "need a man" to completely my life, I need MY man. I do feel that my husband completes me, and it has nothing to do with anything being "pushed" on me. Its just our relationship. He's my very best friend, and my life wouldn't be the same without him.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thats a tricky one for me. I feel that DH completes me, as he feels I complete him. I am not totally dependant on him though. I have my own identity. I just feel that as a couple, we compliment and complete each other. It is not something society has pushed on me, or something that has been ingrained. It's just the way I feel.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 3:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I lived on my own for years. I was quite happy with that! I did what I wanted, went where I wanted, and bought what I wanted. It was nice. I am with my husband now because I want to be with him. I do feel like I need him in some ways still though. It's hard to explain but I need him to be active in the marriage to keep us strong. If he died or left I would be sad. But I know that I could take care of myself.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010