Chances of having an ultrasound wrong? adult content

I was told that we will be having another boy yay! :) I am very excited about greeting him into the world. But I compared my boy ultrasound to this one and it doesn't look the same. They are at the same weeks just this ones looks differen't. It looks like three lines with the middle sticking out a little bit. But my oldest ultrasound you can tell its a penis. Do you think the tech got it wrong? I am kinda confused and I am wondering if I need to get another ultrasound done to confirm cause it looks different. Not a boy part atleast or maybe just not developed yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Normally ultrasound techs are pretty accurate.. If you are not comfortable with the results, pay to get another ultrasound done.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It depends on how far along you are. the further on,the chance of mistake lessens.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• talk to your doctor about it, see if you can schedule another one.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 1:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yeah, I would get another one, I got them weekly from having gestational diabete's and made them show me the penis every time for 2 months lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If you see 3 lines or what looks like a hamburger, it's most likely a girl.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i woul get another one done... can you post the sono pls if you can goodluck
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• it took 4 ultrasounds for them to say yes it is for sure a girl! they never got a clear shot! so at 6 months we could start buying girl stuff! but i was buying stuff long before then lol! have them do it again but they are right a lot of the time!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would have another one done. Usually boy parts are VERY clear. Id be soo sad to think I was having another boy & expect to use old clothing & have a girl sneak up on me in the delivery room! Id find a 3d place & pay the $50 to be SURE!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• while ultrasounds are usually pretty accurate they can definately be wrong! with my oldest i had 4 ultrasounds due to pre eclampsia... every time they told me girl! the last time being just two months before his birth when he showed us everything and there was nothing to see!!! they pulled him out in the operating room and said Oh she's a He!! lol and the same thing happened to my cousin a few months later.. i'd get another to be safe!!! 3ds are much better but i know we dont have them near my area lol
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 4:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010