Potty Trainning Question(s)?

When? Where? How? lol

My DD is 2 yrs old and likes to sit on the potty nothing comes out.. Tried making her wear underwear and every five minutes we take her to the potty however it seems like she pees during the 5 minutes! (PULLING HAIR OUT!)

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's very hard. I'm trying off and on to train my almost 2 year old. My oldest was so easy to train. I think I just need to wait a little longer.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Watch for signs that she needs to go...pee-pee dance, squeezing legs together.

Get some shamwow for messes, waterproof pads for couches and keep using underwear during the day.

Put a potty chair in the front room (or most used room) and let her sit on it whenever she wants (we watched movies on DD's) and take her every 45 minutes if she's not already on it. Going sooner than that will only promote that it's no longer a game and if you keep it fun, you will have more luck getting training done quicker.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Get some of the cute books on potty training and read them to her while she sits there. Make sure she has a clear understanding of what to do and she is really ready. You will get many more good tips here. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son did the same thing. Then, one day he got cracked up while sitting on the potty and accidentally started peeing. I think he was just too tense to go before that, but once it happened he realized how it was supposed to work and he started using the potty on a regular basis.

The nurse at our peditrcian's office suggested doing things like putting his hand in water or running the faucet to help get him started. Neither worked for us, but it couldn't hurt to try.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010