do you give your kids milk?

BACTERIA

Cow's milk is allowed to have feces in it. This is a major source for bacteria. Milk is typically pasteurized more than once before it gets to your table... each time for only 15 seconds at 162 degrees Fahrenheit.

To sanitize water one is told to boil it (212 degrees F) for several minutes. That is a tremendous disparity, isn't it!

Keep in mind that at room temperature the number of bacteria in milk DOUBLE around every 20 minutes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Food & Drink

• No wonder milk turns rotten very quickly.
    PUS
    ONE cubic centimeter (cc) of commercial cow's milk is allowed to have up to 750,000 somatic cells (common name is "PUS") and 20,000 live bacteria... before it is kept off the market.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• That amounts to a whopping 20 million live squiggly bacteria and up to 750 MILLION pus cells per liter (bit more than a quart).
    1 cup = 236.5882cc 177,441,150 pus cells ~ 4,731,600 bacteria
    24 oz (3 glasses) = 532,323,450 pus cells ~ 14,220,000 bacteria
    (the "recommended" daily intake)
    The EU and the Canadians allow for a less "tasty" 400,000,000 pus cells per liter.
    Typically these levels are lower... but they COULD reach these levels and still get to YOUR table.
    www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

No animal drinks milk after infancy

or

www.notmilk.com

if you disagree thats fine

plus the flouride in tap be aware

i dont want any mad emails or whatever if you disagree this is just information what i came across and books that i have read so i thought people should be aware.

just forwarding it because its good info we give are k
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Nice.

Anyway I give my kids milk, they love it...

but I fucking hate it, it makes my stomach hurt so bad and makes me want to puke! More than beer!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• We go through a gallon about every 2 days, my kids love milk.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• People have been drinking milk for I don't know how long, and yet we're still around. We go thru a gallon about every 2-3 days, and I'm not going to change it based on this. You can go online and read books and find information for and against every kind of food, drink, vitamin and mineral that exists. I'm not bashing you, I'm just saying I could go find info that would support drinking milk and refute everything you found. It's all a personal choice, really.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• EW! Well, if we knew what was in most of our foods we would all go hungry.

We certainly don't drink as much as we used to but we still drink it. We need something to put in our cereal. Soy is too expensive and I've tried water - it's gross!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i drink milk but whenever my daughter gets old enough to drink milk, i am going to giver her organic milk...becuase cows are pumped with hormones to make them produce milk and those hormones are in the milk...so she will get organic....but as for me i love the regular milk
    maddoxsmommy605

Answer by maddoxsmommy605 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Did you know that our BODIES have bacteria in them? Yeah, that's right...we have little bacteria swimming around everywhere.

So yes...I drink milk and my daughter will drink milk when she's old enough as well. Big whoop.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• It's so true. If we freaked out about every little thing we ate....we'd all starve.
    Everything in Moderation.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Theres better choices i wont give my kids milk or dairy i give them almond milk or almond butter there healthy and doing well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2008