What did you do with your time when your SO was deployed

My husband is about to deploy its been 7 years since this last happend I have no qlue what to do that whole year to make the time pass by for the kids and me.We dont want to spend that much money since we want to save all the extra deployment money besides paying off the car .

peanuts2804

Asked by peanuts2804 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i would take my daughter to the splash park on post or go see my mom she did not live far from me good luck to be truthfull i dont think anything makes time go fast just take it day by day
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 2:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My husband is deployed for 19 months right now and I lost my job prior to that so things were tight with us (and still are a little bit). To keep busy, I just use what's around me with my girls. We make daily trips to one of the following: base library, public library, park, bookstore, and pool. They love a sort of "schedule" lol and look forward to seeing what its going to be for that week. We choose by putting all of our options in a jar on a piece of paper, then one of them pulls it out and that is what we do. We also do this for special and/or weekend trips. Cheap things to do are: go to the base movie theatre, participate in MWR activities that are usually free and/or low cost, drive to a park that you've never been to and have a picnic. Depending on how much money you have, maybe once a month or so you could go on a trip to an amusement park or a playplace. Good luck!
    Lily23

Answer by Lily23 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• A freind of mine started a home based business to keep herself occupied but still be able to be with her kids. Check out Juice Plus and see if it's something you'd like doing. Low investment, good money. $ Bonuses are great.
    www.juiceplusvirtualfranchise.com
    www.mywellnessgirl.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Church, school (online, in person, Community College non-credit courses in stuff that interest you i.e. photography, sewing, etc.), volunteer on base, let your kids help you with care packages, a monthly theme or whatever frequency works for you and your children, work out, check out a USO if there is one near you. Playgroups and meet-ups depending on your children's ages. Get to know the other wives' in your husbands unit (can't say I really do that one too much, I know 3 wives). That's all I can think of for now. Please excuse my use of fragments.
    OneBlessedWife

Answer by OneBlessedWife at 2:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I was pregnant for the first half of his deployment so I just dealt with that. LOL
    And the second half, I had other things to deal with.
    But if you have spare time, you could go back to school or get a part-time job - depending on how old your kids are.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We keep busy with going to the Y. We got a membership at the local zoo and go at least weekly. We've taken several trips home to see my family.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thanks ladys well this is what ive gotten accomplished this week I got the kids signed up for one acivity each Calvin soccer and Savannah Ballet,ive signed myself up for a CNA course and started geing really active in the FRG.School is just arround the corner and we should be busy hopefully.
    peanuts2804

Comment by peanuts2804 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010