does this happen often?

i was talking to a coworker today and she told me she lost her baby at 5 1/2 months because it got tangled in the cord. she said it was probably because she was yelling alot that day. im really nervous now. does this happen alot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it's anything to worry about. I don't think I've ever heard of a cord tangling causing that to happen. And as far as her yelling a lot being the reason, that's an old wives tale or some other superstition type thing. I don't see how the baby getting tangled in the cord would have caused her to lose it, though, because babies tumble around in the uterus all the time and many babies are born with the cord around their neck and they're just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i don't think that's true at all. when i was pregnant with my son i was ALWAYS yelling and he was born with the cord wrapped around his neck and he's now 17 months and perfect
    SpringMommy07

Answer by SpringMommy07 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008