Which vaccines are supposed to cause Autism?

My son is 14 month old, when is he supposed to get his MMR vaccines?, are these vaccines the one that supposely cause autism?....I am a first time mom and I am completely scared, I don't know what to do. He has been acting a little weird lately: responding to his name after i call him 20 times or more or If I scream, not clapping, not waving, putting his hand on his ears, no sign of separation anxiety,sometimes staring at the window or walls, sometimes he flapps his hands. Other than this he is a happy baby, started to poing, laugh, plays peek a boo, very hyper, does say mama, dadda, bye bye, hi, but only after i ask him to repeat, climbs stairs, knows how to use cars, plays instruments, dance, gives me kisses and loves to cuddle. Please tell this are typical stuff on childs his age. I never meant to look for autism but ater googling glutten and celiac whihc my son is it lead me to autism and haven't stop researching sinc

Nenakarina

Asked by Nenakarina at 2:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• MMR
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It sounds like your son is right on track for his age.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Any vaccine CAN cause "autism," but the likelyhood of him getting it is so much less than the risk of developing the disease...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't really think the vaccine causes autism, but if you have ANY developmental concerns please contact early intervention for your area! They will do a free developmental evaluation and let you know exactly where your child is. If he's on track, then at least you have your peace of mind and know that he is doing well. If they pinpoint some delays, then you have a head start on getting him any therapies he might need. The earlier delays are found, the better the chance is that they will be able to catch up quickly. Early intervention is SO important with autism!

Answer by missanc at 3:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It was the mercury in the vaccines that were supposedly causing the autism.............Mercury has been removed from them...except flu vaccine, it's still in there. We never get the flu shot anyway.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010