Asheville North Carolina

This is a follow-up question to one that I asked before about North Carolina. I would love to hear from people who are currently living in Asheville and what this city has to offer. I heard that this city is a college town with many things to do and I am so interested in moving down there. I want to know about the schools, best areas to live, and about the natural and organic stores. I would also like to know if there are any natural food co-ops as well. Please be positive and honest, thanks.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Travel

• I almost moved there to go to college. I visited when I was looking at schools and I loved it there. It's a very beautiful area with lots to offer. I ended up staying in Wisconsin and getting married, but I would have loved to move there. I think it's one of the prettiest parts of the country. Good luck! :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It is a beautiful place. The largest private home in America is there! The Biltmore Estate.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No, it's not hard to breathe. If you go way up in the mountains the air is thinner and it's harder to breathe, but Asheville is actually situated at the foothills, so no there is no problem breathing. I live in Raleigh which is a couple hours away from Asheville.

Answer by missanc at 2:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm trying to get away from the cold winters of Michigan, plus there's not much to do in my city.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I heard that it was hard to breathe down there, is that true?
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thanks missanc for telling me about the mountains.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The Smokey Mountains are not high enough to cause altiude problems. The Biltmore Estate was lovely. there is a much slower pace of life there than Michigan. I Find our state to be awesome, with many different things to do. I don't think I would like it there unles I was on the coast.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My aunt and uncle live there and absolutly love it! And not to mention the beauty! They live up in the mountains and have no "braething" issues. I would move there if I could!
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 10:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• gl here's a bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2010