Anyone sell on Etsy?

Im looking into selling the jewelry I make on Etsy, does anyone sell on Etsy? Whats a good starting point as far as how much to put up? Any tips to get started?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd like to know this too...I make hair clippies and have thought about selling Etsy...it just seems so competitive. Good Luck!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 2:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• In my opinion, Etsy is way over saturated with jewelry makers. Try Artfire.com but in all honesty, I have found that most people prefer to touch and feel the pieces before they buy them rather than purchase them online. The only online sales I have made are custom orders. I keep a web presence more as a gallery and because people expect it.

Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much! I will look into Artfire right now!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would think doing a lot of local craft fairs and such would do a lot better for handmade jewelry, there is so much competition on sites like this that you end up lowering your prices.....and profit.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• KEEP SOMETING IN MIND.
    etsy...has a lot of people, people go their looking for homemade but still the daily traffic can not compare to a site like ebay. ebay your traffic will be exponentially higher BUT theirs a lot of crap on ebay so who knows if you will get looked over.

when you launch your site, have a good range of prices, some expensive items, some mid and some cheap. advertisement ! market your butt off. do local fairs if you can etc. become an afffiliate marketer for an online business that sells something that goes well with your items, you both market for the other type of deal.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2010