what do I do?

My daughter is 2 and half and for a year she has been in a big girl bed. All of a sudden she screams when its bed time I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nothing has changed in her life? Is she able to tell you why she's screaming. Maybe she saw something on TV have you tried a nightlight? or making it darker? what about a special "bedtime animal" or mommy's pillow..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• she says bugs but there is no bugs i tell her there is nothing there but she doesnt care
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It is very normal for this age to suddenly develop fears that seem really random. At this age they may suddenly be afraid of the dark, boogie monsters, dogs, or other things. Can you try a nightlight so she can see that there are no bugs? Also, is it possible that she is itchy or something and only notices it when she lays down for bedtime because she is relaxed?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• She has 2 nite lights in her room plus music I really am at wits end here
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010