my dog would rather commit suicide...

then be in the car. She is always trying to jump out. I am a big fan of Cesar Milan and follow all of his advice and it ALWAYS works but I have not seen an episode of dogs jumping out of moving vehicles (or trying to). How should I handle it?
And for the record she has never made it out of the truck. The first time I caught her and now I just hold her leash and only roll the window down a little bit but she still tries...
She is 4months old..

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 2:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I think it would be dogicide (lol). Take wendy46121's advice - a dog carrier or dog car seat would be your best bet.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• keep the windows up. She'll quickly learn it's a dumb idea to try to jump through solid objects.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my dog likes to do that also so i have to keep the windows up far enough so she cannot get out... good luck i hope you find a solution
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Have you considered putting her into a pet carrier?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Keep the windows closed!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 2:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• here is a link w/ great advice for you!
    http://life.familyeducation.com/dogs/travel/45672.html
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• put her in a carrier until she can get use to being in the car. she is still young and will probably get use to it if she rides in it more.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My dog hates the car too but hasn't tried jumping out windows. Buy a car harness (I got mine at petsmart for about $20) so she can have the fresh air but still be secure. Give her a special toy or treat just for the car ro distract and calm her.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son uses a harness. He has one for inside the car, and also one for the bed of his truck. I think he got them at Petsmart.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• they make a seat belt harness that you can attach to your cars/trucks seat belt.....helps keep the dog under control and makes it safer for driving...and your dog will be able to see out the closed window...
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 2:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010