What inspired your child(ren)'s nursery design?

My son's room (do I dare still call it nursery since he's 3 years old now? LOL) is painted with an outdoor theme. The bottom portion of the wall is green and painted in a wavy pattern (like rolling hills), while the mid portion and all the way to the ceiling (and the ceiling itself) are painted in a kind of sky blue (maybe a little darker, but not much) color. A big sun is painted around the big window (with a yellow curtain to match) and clouds on the walls (including around the smaller window--white curtain to match). Glow in the dark adhesive stars, moons, etc decorate the upper wall and ceiling. I probably could have done a little bit more with it, but that's how it ended up.

Now what's silly? It was inspired by an Earth Day coaster I got from work, LOL. The only thing I didn't include are drawings of the energy saving light bulbs that are depicted on it. :p

So what inspired yours? Describe the design. :)

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Julita's room is now striped, but when she was a baby we had painted a picket fence on the lower half of the walls and small pink roses climbing the fence. The rest of the walls looked like sky with puffy clouds, very soft and muted. I'd say it was nature-inspired.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my sons room was done in blue jean teddy casue his grandma pick out the things
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When I found the perfect crib bedding I deisgned my daughters room around it. It's called Gossamere Wings
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yeah, when I found the bedding, I decorated the room around it also. I love it...it's so pretty. It's called Twinkle Toes by Kidsline.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010