my 3 year old cries in his sleep can tell me why or what casues it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Night terrors or plain ol bad dreams. We all have them, but most times kids don't remember them.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 2:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i thought that might be what it was i just dont knw what mkes him do it he screams bloody murder
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think it's night terrors, my oldest daughter had them starting around two years old. She still has them occasionally and she's 11 almost 12. She Aldo sleep walks, idk what causes them though.
    CokietheClown

Answer by CokietheClown at 2:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my 3 year old does too. I asked her pediatrician & he said it's normal & like sleepwalking she doesn't remember doing it. He said it doesn't harm her, but it sure makes me sad.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• me 2 it scares the crap out of me when he does it am like caleb am here and he keeps crying and sits stright up in the bed
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My 3yo dd does it too, its awful and i usually end up waking her up and then she just can't stop crying but she doesn't know why and its really hard to get her to stop :( its frustrating and scary and she usually ends up waking up her baby brother too :P my oldest daughter ( 7yo now) used to do it when she was younger and has outgrown it so i guess u just have to live with it until they outgrow it :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010