What inspired your child(ren's) room design?

We painted our son's room with an outdoor theme, sort of. The lower portion of the wall is painted green (Bermuda Grass) in a wavy pattern to simulate rolling hills. Upwards and including the ceiling is painted a lighter shade of blue to simulate the sky. A sun is painted around the big window (with a yellow curtain to match) and clouds are painted throughout, including around the small window (white curtain to match). Glow in the dark celestial adhesives (stars, moons, etc) decorate the ceiling and upper portion of the wall. I probably could have done a little more with it, but that's how it ended up.

What's silly? I was inspired by an Earth Day coaster I got from work. The only thing I didn't include were drawings of the energy saving light bulbs, LOL.

So what inspired your design? Please describe the room(s) if you can. :)

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had my older daughters toddler bed that looks like a VW bug, so when the twins were ready to leave their cribs I wanted to use that. I found a firetruck bed for my son. I painted the walls dove gray with white trim, and I painted the dressers black. I bought a lamp that looks like a stoplight and ordered some cool replica metal signs. I found fabric with firetrucks and dalmations for my son's bed, and fabric with dogs at a 50's drive in for my daughter's bed; I've use a lot of black and white with paw prints, polka dots, and bones to coordinate the two. I'm still working on getting the whole room put together, but so far it's looking cute and fun.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My love for Disney and finding out I was having a girl inspired the Disney Princess theme my DD has.

I recently had a son. My DDs love for Sponge bob has inspired the NEW theme her room will take when my son starts sharing with her next month. Finding Sponge bob room decor has been quite easy.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I was looking for a cool bed for my son and found a cheap firetruck bed on Craigslist so I went with that theme. Bought a firetruck border and painted the walls half white and half red. It's so cute!
    NatesMommy118

Answer by NatesMommy118 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Him being a boy and whatever I liked!
    JKBsMommy

Answer by JKBsMommy at 5:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sorry for the repost of the same question. When I posted the other one, it said "Question not found" so I submitted it again. Feel free to answer again anyway. :)
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010