If you have a hobby like sewing and you also have small children, when and where do you do your hobby?

I like to sew, but I have two toddlers and a full time job. When I do find the time to sew, it seems like by the time I get all my supplies set up I have to start putting them away again and i can never get anything finished. If you sew when do you do it? Where do you do it?

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I sew at our kitchen table, and my son plays between the kitchen and the living room while I'm doing that. I usually trace & cut patterns, mark & cut fabric, and pin pieces (not necessarily all on the same day) while he is sleeping. I have an actual sewing table, but it's just easier to sew out front. It sounds like planning your projects in stages would work for you so that you could get more done during the limited time that you have available. Try grouping like activities, projects using the same thread color, etc. together and make that your plan for the day.
    OneBlessedWife

Answer by OneBlessedWife at 3:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i love to make things, bedding, pillows, curtains pretty much anything i can get my hands on!!! But its been over 2 years since iv made stuff i dont have time
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I scrapbook, but I have to do it at the table after the kids go to sleep. Sometimes I'll stay up til 2am doing it because I love it and otherwise would never have the time to do it EVER. Its worth being tired sometimes to do something YOU love so much IMO.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010