Pregnant on ParaGard IUD?

I got ParaGard in October 2009 shortly after having my second child. We do not want any more children so this was a good bet while we save up money for hubby's snip.
My periods have always been normal and even extra heavy in the beginning when they start due to the IUD. However I have been feeling pregnant and even missed my period this month. I was supposed to start on the 16th or 17th and it's now the 22nd. All my pregnany tests have been negative though. Could I be pregnant and just have ovualted later on?
By the way I did get pregnant on BC pills so getting pregnant with the IUD would not surprise me.

CountryMaMa26

Asked by CountryMaMa26 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I really hope not. I also have the paraguard IUD. I know there is always the possibility, but I could totally not afford a second child right now. If I were you I'd go to the OB and make sure. I'm gonna check back and see what other people say...Oh and here's a bump.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Trust me this would be child number 3....my kids would end up being 2 years old, 1 year old, and a new baby. LOL!
    I called the OB but they said just to test once every week until I am supposed to start in August around the 16th-17th time frame. They said if I still haven't started to come in for a check up.
    I've always ovulated every month but never a regular schedule as far as that goes....even with my periods being right on track.
    The only time I've missed a period is when I've been preggo. So.....with missing my period and feeling preggo makes me believe I am even without a positive test yet.
    CountryMaMa26

Comment by CountryMaMa26 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010