I need some help in making a big decision of dropping my classes!

I am currently enrolled in some Online College Courses for the Summer Session. I am taking 3 classes, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, and Macroeconomics. I recieve Pell Grant to pay for them. I am not doing so good so I talked to the school advisor and gave me the option to withdraw from my classes and be put on Academic Probation.

Reasons for me for failing is: SAHM with 2 girls under the age of 2 with no help at all, I recieved my books 2 weeks late, had problems with my internet service, couldn't figure out the online programs, had a virus in my computer that destroyed my assignments, can't gain access to my Microsoft Programs and just yesterday my computer shut down & wont come back on! (borrowing a laptop)

I am so stressed & feel like I keep making these excuses not to do courses! I have been thinking of dropping 2 courses. Please help me in this decsion making! Thank you!

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in

• Yes, they sound like excuses to me. But it also sounds like you are doing a lot. Maybe consider dropping one course. Intro courses are generally quite easy so keep that one. I'm not sure why you'd take micro and macro at the same time - if you're going to drop one, I'd drop one of those.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I was a full time student taking 5 classes w/a newborn and a husband which in my opinion is like having another kid!! So NO THEY ARE NOT EXCUSES don't be too hard on yourself. If it's too much for you to handle than just drop one and don't beat yourself up. Good luck! =)
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 3:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sound like excuses to me. Why are you taking so many classes at once? Maybe you wouldn't feel so overwhelmed if you focused on one at at time.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• This is my first time taking online classes, I guess when I was picking my classes I was a little naive thinking I could juggle it all and make it work!

:-(
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think you are making excuses...BUT I also know that school with young children is difficult...I would drop one class(probaly one of the economic courses) ... You need to sit down each week and figure out exactly what needs to be done that week and set times to do it...you need to be focused but flexiable b/c you have children to care for... You can do it, just stop and think about why you are going to school and use that as your motivation to finish... :) GL
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Complete Intro to Business and drop the other two. Better to drop than fail.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If you can't devote three house a week for every class hour, then you will learn enough to get good grades.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Just take what you can... two of them sound alike.. why you taking both them at the same time?
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think you can still pull it out. But I took 2 classes online (finished now) and had a 4 year old, vacationed, husband crazy work hours. I finished out with a "A and a B"
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I just would like to know if you will still have to pay for that one class or two classes that you drop? That puts a who different spin on it imo if that is the case. Is there an on-line counselor you can speak with and voice your concerns and help walk you through this.
    warmcoffee

Answer by warmcoffee at 9:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010