Any volunteer places where i can take my 3yr old girl?

I'm a stay at home mom w/o a reliable babysitter. I really want to volunteer so if anyone in southern Cali knows somewhere i can do so and take my 3yr old girl please let me know. thanks!

ilovemel

Asked by ilovemel at 3:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nursing homes I have brought my kids with me
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Meals on Wheels - the people you deliver to usually love to see children!

Answer by missanc at 3:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What kind of volunteering do you want to do?
    Do you have a friend with kids that wants to volunteer too? Maybe you can switch off with the kids and volunteering, babysitting each other children. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You might contact some of the local pet rescue groups. You could check at the public library to see if they have a list of volunteer organizations in the area. Most cities have lists of non-profits online.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Nursing homes would not be a good idea. Infections that are minor in kids can be deadly to nursing home residents. Strep throat is one such infection. A child can not have symptoms and be infectous.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thanks everyone great input! And i'm a law major and would LOVE somthing in the criminal justice system but think it might not be a place for a 3yr old hehe or maybe i can't think of placaes i can take her??
    ilovemel

Comment by ilovemel (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• As a volunteer with pet rescue I'd just like to caution you on that idea. Most rescues make you sign a liability waiver and have a minimum age requirement for volunteering. Check out the library! I bet they need volunteers!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 3:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well of corse you would not bring them if they were sick DUH or any other pubic place for that matter. We go about once a month the residents love it and so do the caregivers.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Nursing homes! She can also go to local churches(if you go or want her to) and help them during the holidays. Alot of them distribute food to less fortunate people during the holidays. Im sure they could have her "help" them :)
    A.NandD.NMommy

Answer by A.NandD.NMommy at 3:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• food banks ....it would be very educational for her to help stock shelves and learn all the different fruits and veggies etc......of course she would only be able to do so much !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010