ovulation

If someone period ended on feb 18 and started the 14th when would she have ovulated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The 14th of March
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• how many weeks would that put someone at?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• how did u figure that out? 2weeks after the 18th? or 2 weeks after the 14
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I was trying to get more information from the person asking the question, not stating when she ovulated. I wanted to know if she meant her period started again on the 14th of March or if she meant that her period started on the 14th of Feb and ended on the 18th of February.  Because if that is the case, you can not figure out when you ovulated  from the length of your period.  You need to know the length of your cycle.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I started it the 14th of feb and ended the 18th. i dont remember the month before that. i got preg. im just curiouss when i would have concevied if i was 5w6d on march 31st
    pinkpanther28

Answer by pinkpanther28 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If your period started on the 14th of Feb. you should count backwards 14 to 16 days. Most women, if they don't have a luteal defect, will always get there period 12 to 14 days after ovulation. So you could have ovulated anywhere around Jan. 30 to Feb. 1. So if you had sex around those dates that is probably when you conceived.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• so I was pregnant on my period then? I bleed feb 13th to 18th. wouldnt i have ovulated 14 days after feb 13th
    pinkpanther28

Answer by pinkpanther28 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am sorry I did screw that answer up. In order to know when you ovulated you have to have some knowledge of how long your cycle is and if it is always about the same. Did you get pregnant after your last period in February? How long is your cycle normally?  If you give me that information, then I may be able to tell you when you ovulated roughly.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Yes I got pregnant after that cycle liek I said in march 31st i was 5w by then thats what the doc said. my period started feb 14th and stopped 18th.
    pinkpanther28

Answer by pinkpanther28 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If your cycle is usually 28 days then you probably ovulated sometime around the 27th of Feb. However if that was true you would have been 6 1/2 weeks by the 31st of March. Docotors calculate the due date by the first date of your last period. Did the doctor tell you how far along you were based on the first date of your last period or by an ultrasound. I have always been told by my ob that an ultrasound for determining the age is not a 100% accurate because it goes off a measurement, etc., and not all babies develop the same.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008