Why is it so hard to get over my ex after 2 years?????

I have been having these dreams about my ex everynight it seems like, him and i ended on a bad note and never really had closure. He got me pregnant and left me, so my other kids dad has been daddy to my son since he was born. My ex hasnt wanted anything to do with my son. Hes got a new GF now and has moved on but i find it hard sometimes to look at my son and think how some faces he makes looks like that sperm donor. I am still with my kids dad and i feel like i cant give him all the love he needs because of me still loving my ex...I also just lost a baby 2 weeks ago and its been really hard for me emotionally and maybe thats why i have been having these feelings again about my ex. I know im depressed but i just dont know what to do...any suggestions? Please no bashing, i have enough stress. Thank you and God Bless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...I know how painful that can be. ONe thing to remember, take each day one day at a time but in that time heal yourself from the pain. You'll never get over losing a child but you do need to heal in some way.

As far as your ex is concerned, its time for you to let go of the past, the if's and who your son looks like and accept life the way it is. Be glad that you met a decent man that has stepped up and took on the responsibility of raising your child.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I feel for you babe, I am in the same situation. I can't give any advice because I haven't figured it out myself yet but I will pray for you. Good luck Hun!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 3:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You needed closure that you never got. I had the same thing happen : ( I pushed away all these great guys because I was jaded over our breakup. We got back together and I realized I didn't really want him or love him like that anymore and broke up with him for good. Yes I still love him, but because he gave me my most precious gift and for that I can never hate him. I moved on and found a great guy. Please don't ruin your current relationship because the grass is not greener on the other side. HUGS
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i think you already figured out what's going on... you need closure on your miscarriage and your lack of closure with your ex is being used as a distraciton. you still LOVE the person who just up and left you like that? and you were already having problems? i don't think that's love... that's something else. he has moved on. the closure you need can come from you without any help from him. take a good look at the person that stepped up and is a real father to your son and be thankful he is in your life. allow yourself to be happy despite the end of a crappy relationship and despite the miscarriage. you have blessings in your life - sounds to me like you are afraid to immerse yourself in gratitude for those because of your losses. just take a step back and see what's really going on. (hugs)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010