kids clothes

my kids ages 9-15 need school clothes and I was hoping some of you moms could lead me to the right stores for awesome deals. We need everything right down to the underwear and socks. I never know where to go and always seem to pay too much for something and find the same thing I bought somewhere else cheaper.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 3:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in

• Thrift stores sell good clothes cheap. Just take the time to look at all they have and you can usually find stuff that still has tags on it. Clearance racks at most stores are good. It's just stuff from last season. I got my daughter a lot of long sleeve shirts for this winter from Walmart's clearance rack. It was just the shirts from last winter they were trying to get rid of. I only paid $1 for each of them. Same with last years jeans, I only paid $3 per pair of those.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We usually shop at thrift stores. Last week at the Salvation Army store, I bought my daughter a pair of jeans, brand new, store tags still attached, for one dollar.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• target is always having great sales. they had stuff for like 3dollars and four dollars. I got my daughters whole summer wardrobe from there
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 10:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Kmart, Walmart, Target
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Kohl's. They rock. You can find tons, and tons of stuff for kids that age on clearance. Buy a pack of long sleeve tshirts from wally world, then since they are putting out fall stuff now, go to Kohls, they will have tons of short sleeve shirts on sale... throw one over the long sleeve t... walah...
    jleighbum

Answer by jleighbum at 12:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I've found some awesome deals on Ebay!!!!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i find that waiting until "back to school' is a bad time to start shopping! ha! i buy what i can, as i see it on sale, even if it's a size or two big... things like jeans are pretty standard and i prefer my girls to wear styles that aren't maybe as "trendy" as others. i bought sweaters and sweatshirts last year that will be worn this year... after the season on clearance.

i suggest stores like kohls, target and walmart. soon you will see summer fashions for $1 at Walmart, and Kohls usually has a sale around 4 times a year where their clearance prices are ANOTHER 25% off the marked price... I got my girls dresses (a total of 10 dresses) for $15 after Easter season, and they were set with nice summer dresses for the entire summer!
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010