serious question ladies.....

so im 8 weeks pregnant and i woke up this morning in pain about an hour ago i noticed that everywhere that hurt was swollen. i have swelling in my toes, ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, and my face is a little swollen as well. when i research all i can find is preeclampsia but this is my 4th pregnancy and i havnt had problems before. and my blood pressure and averything was fine at the doctor 2 days ago. anyone else have this kind of problem? what did it turn out to be?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 3:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had preeclampsia as well. Though pre-e is rare before 20 weeks it can occur suddenly with NO obvious symptoms; the only really odd thing that occured before my diagnosis was that my urine became tea colored.

Preeclampsia Foundation | Home

It doesn't sound like pre-e to me but it could be, or something else. I would contact your Dr.

Also, if you were given an MMR fairly recently it could be a reaction; rheumatoid arthritis is a tabled vaccine injury for the MMR.

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Call your doctor
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 3:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Call your Dr.
    Can still be high blood pressure, even if it was fine 2 days ago.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• since the swelling seems to be limited mainly to your joints, try searching joint swelling. I had preeclampsia, and while I did swell up like a balloon, there were also other symptoms like terrible headaches, getting winded quickly, seeing the sparkly spots at the edges of my vision, et.c. And another thing to hopefully put your mind at ease, preeclampsia is very very rarely diagnosed before the 20 week mark, it's generally a problem in late pregnancy.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• calling your dr would be the best! swelling that widespread can be a bad thing so always better to be safe then sorry!!
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 4:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would def. call your Doc.
    LovingIT2008

Answer by LovingIT2008 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010