18 year old cant wait for family...

Do you think its okay for an 18 year picturing 12 years into the future with a family of four? Thats all I seem to think about lately. It makes me happy thinking about my future hubby and kids. Even though I don't even know them. I don't know where this comes from but that's all I've been thinking about for the past year. I don't have any desires to go out and party and do clubbing or drinking like most 18yos. I cant think about getting married (minus the huge wedding) and having my first born. What do you think?

swbohsix

Asked by swbohsix at 11:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• What a great goal. Children are the grestest joy of a mother's life. Thank God because it almost makes up for the fact that you will never have a vacation in the next decade, smell always like dirty diapers, and naps are only for the babies. To get ready for your 4 kids get an education, a hobby, a house and a good car. Being educated and self-sufficent will help attract a man along the same lines. A degree isnt just a good job qualifier, but shows commitment.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I did the same thing at your age, If you obsess about it, then it will never happen. Mainly because you tell all potential boyfriends about what you want. All it will do is scary them off. Your 18, you are still a baby. Go to college and stop thinking about your future family, If you don't you may be disappointed.
    Anonymous

• Yeah. When I try to figure out 39 + 47 my brain hurts so bad. Other than that I'm good at english. (trying to start writing my first book) and get my GED. I'm trying to find another job at a bank.
    swbohsix

Answer by swbohsix at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• my dh thinks about that since she was 8 she had her wedding dress picked out scary and the kids names and everything
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Its perfectly normal to plan and dream just as long as you don't rush yourself into any situation too early. It's good to know what you want, now its a matter of setting up your life at achieve it in the most secure and healthy way possible.
    LilHellion

Answer by LilHellion at 1:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Nothing wrong with that. Hope you meet the man of your dreams.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 1:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• You're not a mom....on CAFEMOM...ohkay....first finish college & try to get your dream job, you know children can set you back so you want to like save your money & travel first...go to hawaii....spain...australia, pray for a good man so you can have a good family...go girl! Do something Glamorous first!
    GoldenWhite

Answer by GoldenWhite at 4:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• You're not crazy though...anxious yeah...calm down...breathe
    GoldenWhite

Answer by GoldenWhite at 4:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i think it's awesome!! but dont let the desire to be married ush you into marrying someone that isnt right!
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Those are good goals to have,but make sure you do things now that you wont be able to later.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2008