Has anyone had a Near Death Experience?

I had one I believe. It was the most amazing thing I have ever felt.
I will try to explain it the best I can. It was like my soul was trying to escape from my body..I didnt want to be in it anymore. So my soul was pushing away and then all of a sudden I am on this bright white super highway with tons of layers to it...I was going so fast and I felt so calm and so at peace..then all of a sudden I saw my sister and my mom.(they have passed away) I was so happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I left my body at 4 when I had a peptic ulcer perforate. I saw them working on me.No one believed me but couldn't explain how I knew what they did.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have never almost died, so I haven't ever had one. I've heard of them before, but I've also hear that it is just a chemical reaction in your brain.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• @ FatGirl239, I've heard that too. I don't know though...I've never had one but the people who have are convinced!
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 4:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have come close to death, but never close enough for that kind of thing. While I would love to, and come back with some some answers beyond what I have found on this end, I am not sure I'm ready to risk leaving my kids without a mom just to get them... So I'm just gonna not risk it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have never had one, but my mom has an interesting story that happened to her when she was an 8 year old girl and she shared the same room with her grandmother at the time of her death. The expirence is still upsetting to my mom and she doesn't like to talk about it. Your expirence sounds nice, I hope that mine will be just as peaceful someday.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes. I was dead for approx 4 1/2 minutes. Proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no afterlife.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I had a bleeding Ectopic Pregnancy. I almost died but I can't remember what happen..
    devinebeauty

Answer by devinebeauty at 7:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I haven't had an experience like you describe, but I did have a very interesting experience once when I believe I came close to death. Twenty two years ago I was in a rollover school bus accident driving on an interstate highway. I was thrown out of the bus, and it stopped rolling just a few feet behind me. I was not injured badly, and neither was my husband, but one of our friends was killed.

The accident happened around 8:30 a.m., and it took us all day to get released from the hospital and find a place to sleep for the night because we'd given all our money to the driver, and he took off because he was afraid of getting in trouble. We had no money for food either, so we scrounged around the accident site and found a bag of rice and some soy sauce.

I called my mom that evening and she said, "What happened? I've been expecting your call!" She told me that the night before the accident (cont)
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• (cont) God woke her in the middle of the night and told her to pray for me. She knew it was something really bad, so she was up all night praying. She had expected my call in the morning and was worried sick that it took so long for me to call.

The driver had become distracted by a spider and missed the curve in the road, so we got off on the shoulder and he overcorrected, then we hit a sign. I looked up from my sewing as we were about to hit the sign, and I thought, "so this is how I'm going to die". Then I saw my mom at my own funeral, very sad and crying. I remember being tossed around like a doll while the bus rolled, and it was like I saw white with shadows of people rolling around. Out of 17 people we had one death.

I had to ride a Greyhound to get back home, and I was terrified. The next time I rode a city bus it drove over the curb and I screamed, so everyone was looking at me.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i was in a roll over car accident my face got hit with the air bag so my asthma acted up an i passed out an from what the doctor told me my heart stoppedan they shocked me three times i was pregnant with twins they made it throught the accident only to pass three months later my fiance at time was not hurt we got hit by a drunk driver i was in the hospital for the night for observation with a black an blue eye strained neck an back
    Prego889

Answer by Prego889 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010