Is Obama a Muslim?

I've read or heard this said over the last few months. I'm just wondering how many of you believe that he is a Muslim?

CluelessCarrie

Asked by CluelessCarrie at 6:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I've done a lot of research to clear things up. These are all links to credible sources. I urge you, whether you are a supporter or not to get all the facts you can. Don't listen to the political opinions of anyone on these forums, including me. Don't get your news from emails forwarded to you or Blogs, and when online, always question the agenda of the party who wrote or produced the material you see. If something seems obviously in favor of either side, it probably isn't trustworthy. Knowledge is your strongest ally, and getting all that you can is the best thing you can do for this country.
    Here are the links:

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• This is Obama's official website. Take it as you will.

http://www.barackobama.com/learn/meet_barack.php

This is a great video for anyone to watch, whoever you support.

http://www.factcheck.org/just-the-facts/spam_alert_hit_delete.html

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Sorry for all the posts. The text box doesn't allow very many links. For your convenience, all the links open in a new window.
    So, after all I've read, I believe Fox News could be partially responsible for starting this by insinuating very subtly in articles and newscasts. But viral web videos and emails are also largely to blame.
    Even if you don't support Obama, I urge you to read the above articles anyway, and if rumors are spread about McCain or any other candidate, do all the fact-finding you can, even if you don't plan to vote for them. If you find a rumor about McCain, tell me! I'll research it for you! The truth is patriotic.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• fox news is the most conservative bias station there is. and some people are just ignorant, while others will use anything to discredit the candidate they don't like even if they know is a lie. Some try to get votes by making voters fearful of the opposing candidate. It's slandering and scare tactics propaganda.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Absolutely! But, I want to make clear that I don't hold anything against anyone who has been misinformed. My mother-in-law is the sweetest woman. I love her. But she is convinced that Obama is a Muslim who was sworn in on the Quran. She got all this information from forwarded emails from her fellow church members. Those are the only people she associates with so those are the only opinions she hears. I can't argue about this with her because it makes her very upset. She gets very emotional about this topic and it's all lies! It's so frustrating. I don't blame her at all. I blame the hate mongers who knowingly lie to scare normal people like her into voting for their candidate. It's very sad.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 9:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I blame the hate mongers who knowingly lie to scare normal people like her into voting for their candidate. It's very sad.

I agree it's very sad and that those who knowinly spread lies and scare tactics are to blame. it's disgusting and shows how little confidence they have in their candidate that they need to lie and scare people in order to get votes.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Very true. Unfortunately their tactics usually work. Last election it was all about fear of gay marriage. They dragged it out and made it seem as if it was a threat about to come knocking on everyone's door. It turned out to be all smoke and mirrors but it got George elected.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 9:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2008