When to have baby #2

My little girl will be 11 months soon. My husband and I are ready to try for baby #2. Only is it okay on your body to get pregnant now?
If you did how was your pregnancy and labor?
Do doctors say wait 2 years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've heard it's best to wait a year to 18 months before you start trying for another baby, especially after having a c-section. That said, plenty of women don't wait that long before getting pregnant and have no problems.

We started trying for our second child a couple of months after my daughter's first birthday, and got pregnant when she was 18 months. My pregnancy was easier with my second child (with my first, I had irritable uterus and had be be on partial bedrest for 5 weeks). And labor and delivery were much quicker.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes, doctors say to wait two years, but check with yours, if you are healthy and had a healthy pregnancy your doctor may be fine with it.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• 2yrs but my opinion wait till she starts prek or sumthin 2 enjoy them
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• After a c-sec most will tell you 18 months between pregnancies, as I recall.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son is almost 2, We have started try for #2. But he is well behaved and helpful. I wanted to have another before he got in school.
    firemanswife907

Answer by firemanswife907 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010