When did you move your baby from crib to toddler bed?

What age did you move your baby from crib to toddler bed?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son climbed out of his crib.....but a toddler bed is a waste of money, we put him in a twin mattress on the floor, then bought him a Thomas the Train pop-up tent bed surround and put his cushioned toy box against the one side so he couldn't fall out. Hes now 6 and able to use the same bed.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• 12 months, he climbed really early so we got him a toddler car bed for his 1st birthday
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• She was around 15 months old. She really wasn't trying to climb out of her crib but my boyfriends cousin gave it to us so we set it up and thought we'd give it a try. Well she LOVED it so now she's 30 months old and is still in it. I think we'll get her a twin size bed next year.
    NickJacksBabe

Answer by NickJacksBabe at 4:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Nathan just turned 1 at the beginning of the month, we co-sleep so we are looking into transitioning him from our bed to his own toddler bed now, I know it won't be easy though. The crib got used about 10 times the last year ;(
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• 20 months! he made the switch, we had both in his room and he asked to sleep in the bed. for the first couple weeks we would put him in the crib after he fell asleep.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We skipped the toddler bed completely. We bought our son a twin sized car bed. The sides of the car come up to the side of the bed, so we didn't have to worry about him falling off.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Just 2 days ago. I turned her crib into a daybed and she is doing SO well. She just turned 2 this month. She wasn't climbing out of the crib yet, but she proved to me on vacation that she could sleep in a big bed, so I thought she earned it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We moved our daughter when she was 15months. Its gone perfectly. she is 17months now.
    Kenzismommy09

Answer by Kenzismommy09 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010