From the profit point view...Do you see any similarities between the Tobacco Industry and the Vaccine Industry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think so, butterfly... The tobacco industry is selling a product they know to be harmful and deadly, promoting it as "the norm" or the "cool thing" so that THEY can get rich... The vaccine industries are promoting products they know to be harmful and deadly, with the backing of our government no less, promoting them as "the norm" again - so THEY can get rich... With all the studies out there to prove that both are more harmful than good these companies continue to sell lies and propaganda to an undereducated group in exchange for money... Same thing!

I think the big difference is that the vaccine companies are backed by seemingly educated groups, while the tobacco industry is no longer being promoted as healthy or even good for you, as it once was... In another 15 or 20 years, I believe we'll see the vaccine industry in the same light as we do tobacco now.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Where would you like me to start my list? The ONLY real difference is that while the Tobacco companies are targeting young adults and adults the vaccine industry is targeting innocent children who don't get a say... And the Government is backing them up!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well,I was taken aback by the new vaccines they are promoting like the rotavirus one and the Gardasil vax. So in a way,they are trying to sell us on something that could potentially harm us,but the tobacco industry is in a whole other ballpark profit wise!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No, not at all. And I really don't think there is a "Vaccination Industry". Vaccinations have been created to save lives. If you don't believe in Medicine anymore...I guess you should just go buy sone leeches , attach them to people and bleed , like they did a few hundred years ago before medical science knew anything about diseases,huh?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Both industries hate doctors. All doctors agree that cigarettes are no good for your health. Few doctors agree that the Flu vaccines isn't necessary.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 5:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Big pharma isn't making near as much on their medications these days which is why we have a whole new slew of vaccines coming out. The last one that was approved is one for prostate cancer, but no man can get the vaccine unless he already HAS cancer, and even than the thing only 'MIGHT' give him an extra four months. The cost of that vaccine is off the wall ... $93,000.00!

Y'all are free to argue the finer points of the OP's question (which does have merit!), but I plain don't trust the entire medical business we have. Healthy people don't make money for the business, only sick ones do. My tin foil hat tingles every time I hear/read the list of side effects a pill causes (and squeals when they mention there is a pill for the side effects). Personally I'd rather go to my vet or the local witch doctor at this point ... and I don't want any of their pills of vaccines! I smoke, but I grow my own tobacco ~ with no chemicals.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes they are identical. The only difference is people want cigarettes baned, but think that vaccines are the next best thing to waffles.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• gertie - you DO realize that leeches are STILL being used by today's medical community to promote healing right? In fact they are great for scar tissue!
    Answer by SabrinaMBowen an hour
    *******************************************
    Isn't that special.
    I was hoping you would get my point but I guess not.
    Just can't understand the anti-Vaccination group. How scary for the kids.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Just can't understand the anti-Vaccination group. How scary for the kids.

I'm confused are you saying anti-vaccination groups are scary for the kids. If so you do realize that even though it may have some pros, It has a lot of cons to. Some of which include mental disorders, down syndrome, and death. Yeah I say a vaccine that should help, but may cause these things is a lot scaring then letter nature take it's course. I do vaccinate my kids, but I am open minded and knowledgeable enough to understand the anti-vaccination groups POV.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010