When did your child become interested in TV?

My son is 10 months old, and expresses no interest in TV (not that I'm complaining at all), and my friends son who is also 10 months watches shows for an hour at a time. I suppose my son hasn't been exposed to it very much because I never even have it on during day, though. Anyways, when did your child start actually watching TV?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is 2 and never watches tv. I rarely even turn it on though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• MY son had nothing to do with TV at all until he was 2 - he could have cared less about it - now he will watch it while eating breakfast and as a calm down before bed.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think around a year or so... I used to put on the original Lord of the Rings DVD, when they were babies, the didn't get in to the visuals but they loved the music early on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son didn't watch any tv until he was about 2 years old, mostly because I never put it on. I didn't want to have to watch the kid shows if I didn't have to. lol. He never really seemed interested, though.

I think my next son (who is currenlty baking) will probably tune in earlier than that since we already have the channel on PBS or Nick Jr. a lot.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 5:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son started watching Little Einsteins at age 1 1/2.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 5:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son noticed the tv around 15-18 months. We never put it on for him, we always had it on for background noise. Around 2 is when I started letting him watch Disney. He's 3 1/2 now, the tv is always on Disney and he will stop and watch for 5-10 minutes before going back to playing.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Katelyn loves Elmo's world, but about 15 minutes is the most she will stare at a tv
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• She would smile and laugh at it around 6 months when her and her dad would watch Star Wars together.
    She was around 2 before she actually started sitting and watching it or asking for certain shows.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We didn't have one until my daughter was three...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010