After the party is over..............what do you do with all the balloons?

We still have 7 helium balloons floating in our dining room from my daughter's birthday...I feel bad stabbing them, but I'm sick of looking at them.............what do you do?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If they are mylar balloons( the foil kind) you can actually uninflate them with a drinkin straw and reuse them for another time! If they are latex balloons, sadly, there is not much you can do with them except pop them or let them deflate
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I give the balloons to kids as they leave. Or at the end, let the kids sit on them and pop them.
    Kyra was in the hospital recently and got over a dozen helium balloons from people. After a couple weeks home, we put a small cut in each of them to let the helium out and taped them to her wall. She loves that. You could do that, just let her pick her favorite one or two and let the air out and put it in her room.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Same thing, one or two becomes a poster on their wall for awhile before being retired permanently
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• :-) I always keep one for her special box, the rest of them we pop! LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• usually the kids destroy them as the party goes on and if their are still a lot left i just give them away to the little kids. usually i only leave 1 or 2 for ds the ones with the characters are the ones my son keeps and those usually stay floatign aroudn the house until they dont fly anymore (usually they never get to that point lol my son likes to sit on em)
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We would suck the helium out of them and talk funny! we are still kids atheart i guess :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My husband and I suck the helium out of them one balloon at a time and we laugh at how we sound. I know, childish. Then we stash them in the individual containers that we have with each of their mementos.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• They are the foil ones...maybe we'll try that.

The sucking the helium sounds like fun too............never even thought of that! lol
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I usually take a pair of scissors and cut the balloon near the tail so it will deflate slowly. That way, no pop.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Pop them and throw them away. That is what I'd do if I ever got balloons. I don't like balloons.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010