Tax Sunami?

Bush Tax cuts expiring may not be as benign as you think. Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess we can all thank you Wifey, for providing a link to back up Stephs post. :-)
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• itsmesteph
    Just wait until April rolls around and she is asking why she isn't getting a nice refund.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wifey, your fact check link is from 2004.  But since you want to use it, it quite clearly states that if Bush's tax cuts are repealed, middle-income people will see a tax increase. 

Wifey, according to YOUR link, people making as little as $15,000 a year will see increased taxes if Bush's tax cuts are repealed.

Here is YOUR link:  http://www.factcheck.org/here_we_go_again_bush_exaggerates_tax.html

Page down to the chart that says: 

Combined Effect of Bush Cuts for 2003: Typical Families

(Amounts by which federal income taxes would rise if cuts are repealed)

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Obama's statement to the well dressed crowd sounds like he was standing in front of a crowd making over 250,000. LOL
    _________
    So you are mind reader? Wow, I had no idea you knew that Obama knew that everyone in the crowd that wore nice clothes made over 250,000 dollars. Can I get the lotto numbers too? Also I better go buy some clothes at wally world and take off my nice clothes so Obama doesn't mistake me for making 250,000 dollars.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?
    A: "Families who are middle-income individuals making $75,000 a year or less, that they would get a tax break so that families would see up to $1,000 worth of relief." Obama : 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008

I don't pull shit out of the air. I paraphrased because I couldn't find his complete answer. But there it is. So instead of someone making 15k a year with 2 kids increasing their income by 50% they can get up to a 1,000. I am just quoting him. Maybe he shouldn't have said it or maybe he meant something else. It is what it is.... his words.

Yes, from you link thats what it says, doesn't mean it is the set in stone. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. You shouldn't put so much faith in people who haven't been able to keep other promises and are just for themselves.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The Marriage Penalty will be coming back too. Oh joy!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Mommom, feel free to post a link proving YOUR point. Do you have one?

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• So Mommom, you believe what you see on the TV news. How long are those news stories, maybe 30 seconds or so? But you won't read article after article that go into great depth on the issue. And you aren't willing to research and find any links that prove your point 100%.

I'm sorry, I don't have much faith in the opinion of someone who gets their news from soundbites.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The facts stand if the tax cuts expire a lot of people will be paying for it. If Obama goes back on what he said he wanted and keeps the cuts good for them. Probably will be the smartest move his dumbass has made.

It is not misleading to show people what will happen. The whole purpose to make people aware of how detrimental letting these cuts expire can be. I am sorry if you are not educated enough to know this. As I remember Obama based his whole argument on the stimulus package on what COULD happen IF he didn't pass it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My impression from what I've read (from a variety of places!) is that O DOES intend to let the tax cuts expire because he thinks we can't afford them.  And then there is this little piece I read.............http://thehill.com/homenews/house/104635-dems-wont-pass-budget

If there is no budget, what do you think will happen?

29again

Answer by 29again at 10:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010