How do you hypnotize someone?

Seriously...Is it possible?

Honestbest

Asked by Honestbest at 5:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I didnt believe it... But senior yr in highschool I took a psychology class & we did a day on hypnotizing. 1 person got to do it- and i was randomly chosen! Well the whole time I was "aware" of everything (as much as i could tell)...I layed on the floor. I was told to close my eyes. Relax. (she went through each body part relax your ears, eyes, nose. arms. ect... I was told to go somewhere relaxing in my head (the beach)... i was told to walk through a door or something (cant remember every detail).. and then i was told to stiffin my body.. STIFF STIFF as she tapped her hands along up & down my arms/legs... then 2 volunteers picked me up (i didnt think they really did this!) and put my head on the tip of a chair/ and my feet on the tip of another chair (i was about 140/150lbs).... Then someone who was larger than me came & sat on me ( i didnt believe this was happening either but i was aware)...
    (Cont.)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It is possible to hypnotize some one. I would not recommend doing it as an amateur. Hypnosis can be a very powerful tool in therapy called hypnotherapy. Here is a wiki link on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnosis
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Pull ur pants down and wiggle ur butt!
    JKBsMommy

Answer by JKBsMommy at 5:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Hahha. JKBsMommy.............I was going to say Show them your boobies!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• kurie...
    My niece came up with this question. Thank you for the lihk.
    Honestbest

Comment by Honestbest (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• HA..HA... I said Hypnotize them not scare them. LOL
    Honestbest

Comment by Honestbest (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• After 2 diffrent people sat on me, they lifted me off the chair & put me back on the floor... The teacher then put everyone in a relaxed state & gave us silly things (your chair will be hot when we go back into our class room, and there was another one i cant remember about when the bell rang for next class)....
    I then was brought out of my hypnotized state (i felt as though i could get up at any time i wanted, im just going along with all this as best as i could pretty much thinking none of it happened)
    We went back to our original class-- people started doing what the teacher said (Whatever. thats teens being silly IMO & i dont think it really worked on them, but YOU NEVER KNOW..
    Talking to a friend i told her what i thought had happened.. she told me they really did lift me up. i was really on the chair. a heavy person really did sit on me (i could never do this ever ever really if i was aware)
    OK. Story over... hahaha
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I've heard that only certain people can be hypnotized. I don't remember what type of people, but I suppose if you laugh when a suggestion is made to you while you are supposedly hypnotized, then it didn't work on you. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010