My 17 month old is a piggy!!

If we allowed her to, she would eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat...

and eat and eat.... and eat!

She'll have a whole meal and still want "mah"

I don't want to over feed her, i know she eats enough shes a chunker!!
Should i just give her "mah" or have her wait until the next meal/snack?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 10 month old is the same way. She has been on our foods since she was 8 months old and that's all she wants to do is eat eat eat... She eats more than our 4 year old daughter and sometimes even eats her leftovers! She isn't too much of a chunk though, she is within the healthy limits.. She is on the 75% for weight. So I am not concerned about it. They are growing girls!! They need to eat the food, if their isn't a concern for obesity then I would say let her eat "mah" lol
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• awww give her "mah"
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i guess it good & bad at the same time she like to eat but eat to much but i guess you can set limits if she dont like it oh well she would get over it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think you're lucky! I have to fight with mine to eat.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would give her a second helping/serving but that's it. She must be going through a growth spurt that's why she's eating a lot.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No, if she's eaten a whole meal then don't give her any more. She's using food as a comfort or something to entertain her, which is a bad habit to entertain. Don't allow her to eat more then a full meal in one sitting. If she needs "Mah", then give her some juice or another beverage. Keep her occupied and running around to try to keep her mind off of food. Make sure that you are feeding her enough in one meal. Some kids do want to eat all day, it's a natural trigger for them that you do have to stray them from. However, it is possible to break them of this want, and is important to break them of it. This behaviour can lead to obesisty if you entertain it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010