Redbox????

I just got a free movie at Redbox. Anyone ever have trouble with them? What is the point of setting up an account on-line?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The only problem we have ever had was trying to get the machines to take the movies back. Luckily, we have 5 here in town so one will usually take them. I don't know if it has something to do with them being full or what, but it is a hassle. Honestly, I prefer Netflix, we watch a lot of movies instantly and don't have to worry about extra fees if we forget to return it when we're done watching.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have never had problems with Redbox. I love renting movies from their machines. If you set up an account online, you can reserve a copy of a movie and such.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We don't have Redbox here : (
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 5:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Never had a problem. You can pre-reserve movies online. Get free codes often. And, if you rent a DVD and it is scratched, call or notify them online and they will send you codes for 2 free rentals.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I've had two problems: One was a movie that wouldn't play and I didn't know at the time how to contact anyone about it, I just brought it back and anther time I was charged for keeping a movie for 7 days, when I had returned it the next day. An email straightened that out. I use it almost every weekend and am overall very satisfied for the $1!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I ♥ Red Box. I reserve movies online and pick them up on my way home from work or when I'm running errands.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 5:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Never had a problem with them, in fact they're great!
    In January we got a call about my FIL was about to die so we hurried back to our home state to be there with him. Forgetting that we had 3 rebbox movies at home. Well I called them about a week after we left because I remembered them and they said when we return them they waive half the cost, and they did. Plus $1 a night/per movie is a damn good deal.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I use it all of the time! It's so convenient and since I may or may not get to watch a movie between the time I put the kids down and I fall asleep, the price is perfect. I have never taken the time to set up an online account but it would be nice to be able to reserve stuff.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• never had a problem with red box...too bad there isn't one closeby since we moved!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We've never had problems with it!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010