Are you ever shocked by how under educated some of the moms on this site are?

I am not talking about people not being intelligent, just under educated... It seems that even basic things have not been taught to some people, which is not only shocking to someone like me but completely appalling! Mothers tend to be lacking the basic education about things like the female body, sex, nutrition and illness, and social issues like basic politics & religion...

Now, I don't expect everyone to know everything - that's impossible. But I thought we covered things like the difference between the Vagina and the Vulva, and that YES, you can get pregnant even if he pulls out in like 4th grade health class... How is it that there are this many people without this knowledge?

More and more I am just shocked by the lack of education that these women have and are receiving...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I understand lol I agree!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• yeah sometimes i think that way
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I do really wonder sometimes, but when I think about all the things that I was not told or taught growing up, I suppose I could very well have been one of those people that asks questions that some people assume that everyone already knows.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Honestly we didn't have sex ed or health in my high school, so we had to learn what we wanted know from the Internet.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• clapping

Everyday!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm with you to a point. I'm more appalled by the lack of common sense.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• YES! It's terrifying sometimes the people lack some of this basic knowledge.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• undereducated or apathetic? i've always known people that 'got by' by the skin of their teeth, were easily confused at how things worked (physically), and didn't have basic knowledge of proper grammar, as well. you know the saying 'can't chew gum and walk at the same time'..i'm sure there's someone who thinks they can get pregnant if they try. yes, i'm am in constant shock&awe of it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

•  I'm with butterflyblue..common sense isn't so common - especially on this site, it seems.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 5:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• omg, like....should i go to the doctor, i am bleeding out and i am pregnant?.............UM HELL YES!!!
    why do these mothers take the time to ask cafe mom? they should be getting medical help, like RIGHT NOW OR YESTERDAY EVEN!!

GOSHHHHHHHHH LADIES!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 5:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010