Is this right??

I am always FOREVER helping my mom out. It's always with $. She says we help each other out but I'm the one always forking over whatever I have to help her. We are both disabled and live on a budgeted income. I have my son, she has my two younger sisters 15 and 8. She is constintly asking me for $. I never get it paid back though. She pays my sister when she has to ask her. She basically steps all over me. I can't seem to say no because I think about my sisters or I don't want my mom to be asking anybody else for favors. If I tell her no or that I feel I am being taken advantage of she puts on a guilt trip. I'm tired of it. I do her bills because if she does she spends her $ here and there and not everything gets paid. She has a I don't care attitude. I am the one always stressing out about my bills and hers. It seems like I can never have $ for my son and me because she'll end up needing it. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• what type of disability? can the state worker step in anywhere?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• let her grow up and do her own finances. she's plenty old enough to be responsible..so she messes up-that's how she'll learn. you'll always be the giver/handler if you don't stop immediately. also, you're not teaching your sisters by your example..they'll probably grow into adults that have the same mindset as your mom, if you're not careful.
    its time to make her be the adult she is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Go and get the things you need for your son first. Then tell her you dont have it that you need to provide for your boy. She probablly gets more money than you because of her dependants.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010