Things to make with zucchini???

We started a garden this year, and now have an overabundance of zucchini and cucumber. I need some ideas of what else to make with this stuff. Have already made: cucumber salad, pasta salad, fried zucchini, grilled zucchini, zucchini relish, and mock apple zucchini pie (delicious BTW).....any ideas?

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The other day I made stuffed zucchini with some of mine..
    I cut them in half lengthwise- scoop out the pulp- dice and reserve.... Dice up onion, squash, and add to the remaining zucchini.. Saute with garlic. Add fresh herbs- thyme, parsley, rosemary, and sage....Combine with cracker crumbs- fill shells and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.. you an always add parmesan or mozzarella on top as well... It ends up being about 87 cals per shell ( for 4 shells or 2 whole zucchini)

mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Little bit of garlic, onion, potatoes, and zucchini make a taste soup.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 5:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We also grow zucchini in our garden, but all we do with it is stewed veggies or grilled zucchini. Depending on what you normally do when you grill it, its very good with italian dressing on it to spice it up a bit.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my grandmother makes a chocolate zucchini cake, and my mom likes to fry it up with garlic, tomatoes, and top with mozzarella
    eirejade

Answer by eirejade at 6:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• bread. Why don't you donate the extra to a food kitchen?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I just cooked some right now for my daughter... I skin it and slice it and then cook it on one of those George Foreman grills.... a bit of spray pam on it so it doesn't stick. She likes to put some butter spray and salt on it. I also had some myself....cooked this way........ I slice it and leave the skin on put it in a baking dish...then I slice up some onions put that in there and cover it with spaghetti sauce and bake in the oven until tender...if you like you can put cheese on it... I always use a bit of garlic powder salt n pepper. (: Its soooooo good.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• zucchini bread, fried zucchini, we had a zucchini casserole once this summer but we didnt like it, also I dice zucchini up and freeze it and I add it to soups and spaghetti sauce when I make it
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I love sauteed zucchini with yellow squash, fresh corn niblets, thinly sliced onions, garlic powder...add a little water and spices to taste..so good, may make that tonight :)

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• tasty****
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 6:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• All of the other ideas are great. Here's another that's not quite so healthy: Wash, peel, and cut up zuchini, yellow squash, okra, potatoes, and onions. Cut them into bite sized peices. Dip them in milk and egg wash and then shake with cornmeal. Deepfry in oil. Salt & pepper to taste.

I haven't had that in sooooo long.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010