how lond does depression usually last?

ive been having depression for almost 2 years i get real bad anxiety and sometimes its too much for me to handle. i feel like this feeling will never go away. i dont want this to continue im tired of being scared to be alone i dont want to be sad any more.

quelz_20

Asked by quelz_20 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on when you take care of it and it helps to have a journal to write down all your thought. I've been depressed all my life. Even at the age of 7 I wish I was dead, I had a very hard home life that wasn't normal. I didnt start taken are of it till after my youngest was born. I'm on meds and I have a journal that helps me get all my thoughts out. Also there's support groups on here that can help you. GL mama I hope you get help soon.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If its been going on for two years, I'd talk to some one about it. Ie therapist, doctor, psychiatrist, etc.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 6:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't think depression has an " expiration date" I think once you get it you have it for the rest of your life. It's what you do to help with your depression. You can take meds., work out, write in journal, talk to someone you can trust, take up a hobby, and so on.

I went into depression about 5 yrs ago, and I don't take any meds. I used, but I had adverse reactions to one and I quit taking it all together. Instead I started working out. Some days are better than others and other days I just want to scream, kick, hit, or lay under my blanket all day, but once I realize I'm getting to that point I take some deep breaths and distract myself and it would usually go away. It sounds easy than it is, but it will get better. Just take it one day at a time... even a second at a time.
    Just remeber we are here if you need to talk :)
    halfpint2000

Answer by halfpint2000 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It completely varies. It is all about how you control it, and/or take care of it. Have you seen a doctor? If not, I would advise seeing a doctor.
    tessak22

Answer by tessak22 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• well my doctor wanted me to take meds and i have never took them for one, i am young and they could make me feel even worse. i try and do things to make myself busy but sometimes when it hits it hits hard. i just pray and pray thats the only thing that makes me feel good. ive been putting off speaking to therapist i dont know why but i speak to my mother alot i tell her everything even if i dont feel comfortable i just need to get it out. i have so many problems built up sometimes it feels as if im never going to be happy. i just feel as if something is haunting me i cant shake this feeling i just wish i had the faith that some others have it makes me sad to see people that are living the "good life" knowing that no one has actually put them in any danger and had a father that actually never took advantage of them. its just a whole bunch of stuff that comes to me all at once and i feel like this life is too much for me.
    quelz_20

Comment by quelz_20 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010