I Need Tips! TTC

My husband and I already have a 2 year old little girl together. We just got married July 10th but we've been trying for another baby since before then. I'd say we've been really trying for about 2 whole months now with no luck. We didn't plan our first baby she was a surprise... but now that we finally want another why isn't anything happening? We've been having sex every night and we do not use any type of birth control. Are there any tips to this here lol? I've already had 1 baby but is it possible I won't have anymore? I'm not in that bad of physical shape. I'm 5"0 and weigh 150 but before I got pregnant with my DD I weighed 130 I still have the extra 20 to 25 lbs could that be the cause??? I'm so confused and I get depressed every time I look at a negative pregnancy test! Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well first of all you dont have to have sex every night there actually only 6 days out of the month that you can get pregnant on you and your ovulation is usually 14 days after the first day of your period on a usual 28 day cycle you can check your cervicle mucus the day it looks like eggwhite and is extremly stretchy is also usually the day you ovulate.But go into the TTC group there amazing woman I used to be a memeber of that group and they helped meunderstand my body and cycle so much more then ever before in my life.GL girl and lots of babydust
    peanuts2804

Answer by peanuts2804 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I know you have posted anonymously but try posting this in the TTC group on here. Here is the link:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have gone online and downloaded a book called Personal Path to Pregnancy as well as receiving emails from 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. Lots of great info. about what to look for when approaching your most fertile days (which are only, at most 6 days each month) as well as some tips to manage your health so that you can better prepare your body for a pregnancy. I have read many websites with info. but these two are definitely two of the best I have ever read as they are realistic (not old wives tales) and the authors have done extensive research on their own (so that we don't have to!) to get us this info.
    I am also charting my signs of cervical mucus as well as my basal body temp every day on an online chart that you can sign up for, for FREE on the website , Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It is awesome!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm just going to simply give another RAVING review for the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book, also check out their web site http://www.tcoyf.com you can sign up for free too.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• thank you all
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 10:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Relax. It took us 1 month to conceive our first child and 5 months to conceive our second child. I think they say only a third of people who are TTC get pregnant within 3 months, but it jumps up to 60 percent by 6 months.

You may want to also have sex less often, like every other day, to help build up his sperm count.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2010