How much does your DH spend a week on stuff that he doesn't need?

I am having a problem with DH wasting money. We need to start saving for Christmas because we have 3 kids. He makes just enough to pay the bills unless he gets overtime. He has been getting a little overtime here and there but when he does he thinks he can blow it. He smokes like a freight train so he is already costing us alot of money. He always throws in my face that I have a new car and computer but those things monthly are cheaper than his cigarettes. I want him to put money up for Christmas but he does not. I don't spend any money on myself just the car payments and we both use the interner. I am worried about having money for Christmas.

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 6:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I am the spender in the relationship; thankfully my husband spends what he needs and that's it. Typically my husband will be having this conversation with me, but I spend my money on food or clothes for the kids, he says I have a food shopping addiction, LOL. good luck momma!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Mine splurges on something every once in a while, but as often as not it's something for the kids.

Maybe you could let your husband know what you are saving for. I'm sure he knows how tight your budget is, and when he thinks about it he's got to realize that the things he spends money on do add up. Maybe rather than pointing out what he's doing wrong try to approach him from the angle that you need him to help you come up with a plan to save money for Christmas for the kids. Tell him what your goal is and keep track of your progress together.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Mine has an ebay addiction. Luckily he buys for others as well so he always finds deals online for bdays and christmas!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010