WHOA! she's pregnant and smoking marijuana...what do I say if anything? adult content

okay so i have new neighbors been over there bout a month...i know the husband and other dude smoke marijuana, fine, but i didn't know the prego lady did... i was pulling in my driveway and got a whiff when i looked over she was blowing smoke out of her mouth and going in the house...she was alone btw, i know "weed" smell, i was young once but she is mid 30ish and at least 7, 8 months preg...i mind my business normally but this is not the norm okay! i once worked with a lady who told me she smoked pot while she was breastfeeding. does that explain some of the mental illness in children, seriously i need help here...my dh says stay out of it...grrrr!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• As sad as it is, I think saying anything would do more harm than good. However, I wouldn't see any reason not to call CPS - NOW! I would think she knows better and simply doesn't care... And saying something is only going to open YOU up for future abuse from these people and neighborhood drama... I would say involve the authorities and let them do what they can...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Agreed! As much as I am sure you would love to say something, as I would too, its probably best if you left it alone. I would totally turn her in though!
    tessak22

Answer by tessak22 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• There are many good sources of information online if you Google it....studies have shown that moms who smoke pot during pregnancy have babies who have neurological problems from birth and on throughout the school years. I sure wouldn't want to advise or to suggest anything but,if you read those studies online,you might feel like saying something to your pot-smoking neighbor,Mom to be. I feel sorry for her baby.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• There are plenty of mothers right here on CafeMom that think it is alright to turn there baby into a drug addict from birth. I for one am against it and would turn her in, I am raising the result of pot during pregnancy and it is not pretty.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sounds like she is an uneducated jack ace. If you can smell it and it is bothering you then tell the itch off. I personally have seen several children addicted to drugs but the mother thinks its fine to see there child hooked up to freaking machine. Pot does nothing for you but alter your mind. I have no problem telling a mother what she is doing wrong when she is endangering her child.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Last I heard pot was illegal and if they have it and have lots of it they could go to jail.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• EVERYone knows you dont smoke, drink, or do drugs while pregnant! It's the ignorant woman/men (that do it around the women) that dont care... and If they don't care now- how's it going to be when the baby is born?
    CALL THE COPS OR CPS! It's not necessarily your business- but it is theirs, and if that child is going to have any kind of future, it doesnt need stupid parents!
    jenirjohnson

Answer by jenirjohnson at 6:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I'd stay out of it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• From a mom who quit smoking, drinking, caffeine while pregnant: IMO it's wrong,
    But my mom smoked pot while pregnant and breastfeeding both my brother and myself. We are not mentally retarded, In fact, we both are considered "exceptionally bright" by academic standards.
    I am a professional, and graduated college with a 4.0, and my brother is in the military and is very, very good at what he does (engineering).
    I think using the words drug-addicted baby in this case is more than a little over blown. That applied more to substances that causes addictions.
    Brandi61279

Answer by Brandi61279 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 23, 2010