2 wks late 2 bfn tests

hey guys im so upset i just took a hpt (first response) and got a bfn i had taken another test about 10 days ago it was a cheapy one and it was neg too, i have pcos and was on clomid for 5 month this was my first month off it, i recently started taking metformin i think i started the day i was due to get my period, ive had very mild cramps, nausea, bloated, and tired i dont know whats going on im very confused and sad... plz help

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 6:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Get a blood test. It is possible that between the metformin and clomid you are pregnant. Some women just take longer to show a positive on a home test. Even if you aren't pregnant you should be having regular periods now that you are on metformin.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well, if you actually follow the directions on many home pregnancy tests (at least the one's I've seen)... they tell you if you're late and get a negative, wait a week, if you still haven't started your period to test again and see a doctor.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That just recently happened to my sister. She was over a month late, and couldnt get a positive on her HPT. She even went to the doctors several times and got negetives, even on blood tests. She went back acouple days ago for a sonogram, and found out she is over 10 weeks! Everyone is different!
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 10:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Faithfully u just gave me so much hope thanx a bunch :)
    bxmommy2be

Comment by bxmommy2be (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oh no problem hun! I know it is sooo frustrating . You would think you only had to wait 2 weeks to test, and come to find out, you missed your period, and still dont have an answer! I just got off the phone with my mom, and I asked her how long it took her to get a positive, and she said she never got a positive on a HPT. She said her hormones rised so fast that it was too high to show up on a urine test.
    I hope this is your month! If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me . Im always looking for new ladies to talk with, that are going through the same thing as me. Good luck!! <3
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 11:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thanx ladies for all ur help but i got my period this morning :'(
    bxmommy2be

Comment by bxmommy2be (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yeah after waiting 2 weeks for my period, I got mine today. Now we will be in the 2WW together!!
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 9:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• U did aaww I'm so sorry r ur periods regular?
    bxmommy2be

Comment by bxmommy2be (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• They usually every 28-31 days. Thats why I got really excited when mine was late. Ugg. :(
    But! I shall keep trying! Are you regular? And this was just a fluke?
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 10:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010