The Labrinth

Did you kids like it or were they scared? Mine love it but a friend of mine said her kids were terrified...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh, I love Labyrinth. I have it on dvd. My older daughter saw it for the first time when she was 6 and liked it. My younger daughter has always been a little afraid of it, but she's more easily spooked. We actually watched it a couple of weeks ago and my younger daughter--who just turned 7--was able to watch the whole thing without leaving the room. She doesn't like the part with the pink and orange critters who take off their body parts around the fire. Funny, that was always one of my favorite scenes. I have the soundtrack too--good stuff, thumbs up for David Bowie, always.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It was my kid sister's favirite movie from the time she was 4 until probably 12. She loved it and wanted to marry the goblin king. Pretty sure she wore out the original vhs tape, my mom had to finally break down and get it on dvd lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I love Labyrinth! :D It is one of my all time favorite movies!

My kids watch it all the time and have no problem with it.

my cousin watched it with me when I was younger and she got scared.

I think it's a matter of the kid knowing real from imaginary.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My little girl loves it!
    Amber_Sblood

Answer by Amber_Sblood at 6:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Labyrinth (with David Bowie) which I think is the movie you mean, is my all time favorite movie... My kids have been watching it since they were old enough to see the color on the TV... So they never had the chance to be scared really... But I don't think they would be, they really aren't scared of anything on the TV...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my daughter loves it, she dances to all the songs
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 7:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• STILL MY FAV MOVIE:) But I won't let my guys watch it as it would scare them to pieces. Def when they are older thoguh.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Love it and The Black Crystal. Did NOT introduce my children to either movie until they were 8 or 9 yrs old. They are both rated PG and not G.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• hey! Check that out. I did miss they 'Y' Ooops!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Hahaha, I think David Bowie was my first crush thanks to that movie. :) My daughter hasnt seen it yet, but she is only 2. I hope she likes it though.
    Sheacat

Answer by Sheacat at 7:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010