Dh never initiates.

Dh never initiates sex. I am the one who always initiates. I want him to initiate sometimes, its nice to feel wanted that way. Should I stop initiating and see if he starts? Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah, I would stop initiating it!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• mine is the same way lol but when i stopped he never started i think mine like his computer and games to much to even notice lol you should stop and see if he does
    Amber_Sblood

Answer by Amber_Sblood at 6:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wow I ask and get none he thinks once every couple years is enough at least yours participates when you initiate.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry, but this is very sad. What kind of relationships are y'all perpetuating? Do you not believe that you can have an open and honest relationship where sex is talked about as freely as the weather or your weekend plans? I've been through some so-so relationships, but if you can't talk about sex, seriously....perhaps it's time to reevaluate why you are together as a couple at all....I recommend Marriage Encounter as a starting point...get back to what attracted you to each other in the first place, perhaps. But no sex, reluctant sex...no "love-making"?...is this what we want/need? Honey, we need to talk.....
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Honestly I have a similar situation so while I feel for you, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. We've talked about it though and he gives different reasons like age (I'm 24, he's 31)..basically he says that his sex drive just isn't what it used to be and it's not that he doesn't enjoy it but he doesn't need it as often. I told him how it kind of hurts because the lack of sex does make me feel a little less wanted and it's annoying that if I initiate and do most of the work, he's all for it. So yea I don't have too much advice except definitely talk about it. The more we talked the better I felt and realized there were multiple reasons that kind of made sense..also some men want it more the less it's available. Good luck though!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• yep...
    jmfire14

Answer by jmfire14 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 23, 2010